Saturday, June 30, 2012

the voice of reason-Conflict of choice

The Voice of Reason-Conflict of choice


Faraz



Every day of our lives a series of choices and decisions! This is an area of life that does not have respect for position, power or status, it just have to be done one way or the other. As long as your breath is still in you, you have to be making choices, and be affected by these.

When life presents an opportunity to you, your life stands on a balance; you today (before you chose) and you after you chose! The question is; will be bold to make the right choice? When you chose right, you enjoy the results. Whether it is just a second after you made the choice, or years after, the fact remains that you are the one who either celebrate or morn the choice of yesterday! That then prove that we are today the products of yesterday's choices! Can you argue that?

Can you relate

Charles Ngoveni was a soccer fanatic, a brilliant science and math student and the only son to Mr and Mrs Ngoveni! His parents had recently lost their jobs! His mother was a domestic servant for 9 years when her madam passed and his father worked in the mines in Northwest and he lost his job when the mine closed in 2006. By then, Charles was doing his grade 12 in Khomanani High school.

The loss suffered by his parents affected him more than it affected his parents! He was worried as to whether he will get the chance to go the university of his choice and follow a career of his choosing! One day his mom sat him down after dinner and injected some sense in his head!

"When I was young, I wanted to be a nurse", started his mother, "but I thought my parents disadvantaged me because they both hated to wake up early and go to work. This made me feel like I had to solve their problems. So I resolved to going to work in the farms nearby so we could have something to eat." She paused and looked at his face. His face showed no interest to his mother's old petty stories.

"For five years I worked in the farms," she went on as if she did not notice the attitude he was presenting to her. "And in all these years I never enjoyed waking up for work because I did not love the work I did. It was because I was fighting my mom's battles and not my own!" She lifted up her head and looked up to heaven as if she was asking God to open the heavens and hug her! "So my son, I want you to look back to this day and be proud of the choices you make and made. I don't want you too look back and be like me. You should be able to boast about all the choices you made! Don't live my life or your father's life, live yours the best you can."

Many people are living like Charles today. They still live on the errors of yesterday. Their lives are still dictated, day-in day-out, by the past experiences. I'm not saying we should not look where we come from. I'm saying we should not be controlled by the past which we most probably are not proud of!

The greatest Choice ever made

The greatest choice in the entire universe was the giving of gift of life by God to man. When he gave Jesus, His son as a sacrifice for all. That was the greatest choice I know. To top that up, Jesus in his human nature chose to agree to die. It was not a mast that he agree to die, it was a choice made from the reserve of love. I say this because on the night prior to his betrayal he said, if it was my will, I'd say let this cup pass me by.

Today, you may be sitting on the verge of your eternity, on the edge of your life and you have many un answered questions. That is just how life is, a puzzle that need to be packed, one piece at a time. Take time to think about your thoughts very well and make the final choice. A choice that you will be proud of when u look back to this day in the near future

Reflection

Ask yourself; the life that I'm living today, the things I do habitually every day, the people I'm associating with and the thoughts I think and language I speak, will I be proud of them in 2, 5, 10 years time?

 

No comments: